ObjectiveA position in the field of computer graphics because making art has always been my passion.
ExperienceFreelance Designer / Artist (Current)
- Designing book covers, logos and flyers
- Drawing or painting game assests
Graphics Intern for New Silk Roads (January 2009 &ndash June 2009)
New Silk Roads is a project exploring urban growth in Asia which was on disply in the Museum of Contemporary Art, Castille and Leon, Spain.
- Animated city map tracings in Flash to simulate growth
- Researched and collected city maps
Art Director for 3D Game Design Project (March 2008 &ndash June 2008)
This class project was to design and implement a 3D multiplayer game as part of a small team.
- Created all 3D models, 2D sprites and textures
- Developed visual theme and game story
- Worked on a team with six programmers to create the game
Studio Assistant for Camp La Jolla (January 2008 &ndash June 2008)
Camp La Jolla was a project exploring UCSD's military history.
- Built and installed sculptures of fabric and paper
- Researched connections between UCSD and the military
Motion Sensor Circuits Project (January 2008 &ndash June 2009)
This project used motion sensors and a motor to make a camera follow a person.
- Programmed an AVR chip
- Caused a stepper motor to respond to input from motion sensors
Sterilization Assistant (Summers 2002 &ndash 2005, 2008)
Worked as a lab assistant at Dr. Jerry H. Watanabe's Orthodontics office.
- Built study models with plaster
- Assisted the doctor and other dental assistants
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Pencil and paper
- Oil paint and canvas
- Water color and paper
- Adobe Flash/Actionscript
Other Computer Knowledge:
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft Windows
- AVR Microcontroller Programming
- Mandarin Chinese
EducationUniversity of California, San Diego (Graduated March 2009)
Interdisciplinary Computing and the Arts (BA)
Chinese Studies (BA)